Her Spirit in partnership with HUUB, 220 Triathlon, and Royal Life Saving Society invites you to take part in the Her Spirit Winter Swim Challenge.
There are numerous physical and mental health benefits of cold water swimming and swimming in general, so the winter swim challenge is designed to support and encourage you to keep swimming over the winter months.
The secret to acclimatising to cold water is just to swim in it, often – at least once a week, and preferably two or three, gradually extending the time that you stay in the water. Our challenge isn’t about how long or how cold the water is but to swim consistently through the winter months to get the mental and physical benefits.
How does it work?
- The challenge runs over 22 weeks starting on 1st November and ending on the 31st March 2021.
- Swim just 10-minutes each week for 22 weeks or a total of 220 minutes during this period.
- If indoor swimming is your thing or you miss an open water session, you can still add your minutes.
- 30-minutes of indoor swimming equates to 10-minutes cold open water swimming.
- Complete your Winter Swim Challenge chart and post in the swim community to claim your challenge swim hat.
- Her Spirit Winter Swim Challenge swim cap.
- How to swim safely in cold water videos and top tips from Professor Greg Whyte.
- Advice on what swim kit to wear when the water temperature drops.
- Discount offers from our partners HUUB.
- Dedicated swimming group within the app to share stories, photos, videos as well as gain support and stay motivated.
- Downloadable Her Spirit Winter Swim Challenge chart.
- Completed swim cap on completion of the challenge.
How to join:
Complete the entry form HERE to join the challenge.
- You must be a Her Spirit Premium member to enter.
- Entries are free for all existing Her Spirit Premium members.
- You must be a Her Spirit Premium paid member to claim your start and completed swim cap.
- If you are currently receiving Her Spirit 30-Days Free, you are welcome to enter.
- Once your 30-Days Free has expired, you will need to become a paid member to claim your start and completed swim cap.
Please read the Challenge Disclaimer before completing the entry form.