If you want to pick up a bargain wetsuit from the leading triathlon outfitter, then there are only a few opportunities each year to secure yourself that cheap wetsuit. Typically, HUUB host online Ex-Demo sales twice a year, generally at the beginning of the year and then towards the end of the triathlon race season. We explain exactly what an Ex-Demo product is and give you our top tips for securing yourself a good wetsuit deal.
An Ex-Demo product is an item that has been opened or used in some way. It could have been on display, used for fitting purposes, returned by a customer or used at a demo event. An athlete could have tested the lower grades, such as C's and D's or they could have been hired out for a race or season. Ex-Demo products are sold with a 30-day warranty. Please be aware that we sometimes have other neoprene products such as Kickpants and Buoyancy Shorts in our Ex-Demo sale, not just wetsuits.
The Ex-Demo wetsuit grading from A to D is based on the aesthetic standard of the wetsuit. It will not affect its actual performance. The lower the Grade, the less you pay. You can get a Grade A for close to, or in some cases less than half price.
Grade A - Almost as good as new. Some may have been used for sizing purposes and may or may not still have the labels attached.
Grade B - Very good condition. These wetsuits will have been used more frequently for sizing than grade A. Will have the odd fingernail mark or some fading of printing in certain areas.
Grade C - Some small patch repairs may have been made to these suits, all carried out by our specially selected company based here in the UK. There may be some fingernail marks from fitting, or the printing may show signs of fading or peeling.
Grade D - Suits in this category are similar to those in grade C. However, they have had larger repairs carried out, usually panel repairs or panel replacements. These sections may be in a different colour neoprene, but this does not affect performance in any way. There may be some fingernail marks from fitting, or the printing may show signs of fading or peeling.
Firstly, sign up for our email newsletter here, and you will be the first to know.
1) If you have any questions or sizing queries, it is best to speak our customer service team as soon as possible. We have a great team waiting to assist you, but please be aware that in busy periods it can take up to two working days to respond to enquiries via email and online contact form. For an immediate response it is best to contact us during office hours via telephone or the live chat function on our website.
2) Size charts for each product can be found on the product page under the ‘Size Chart’ tab.
3) You can quick shop by hovering over the product picture, selecting your size, then add to cart. It's quicker than clicking through to the product.
4) Ex-Demo Wetsuits sell fast, and we may only have one or two wetsuits per size and grade. If an item you are interested in has sold out then make sure you put your email address in the ‘Notify me when this product is available’ box. Our Ex-Demo stock changes daily and if that product comes back into stock, you will get an alert via email as soon as it does.
5) Take advantage of the great prices on offer, and remember these sales only happen a few times a year!