New Triathlon Season, New Promises to Yourself (and friends and family)
Well here we go, a new triathlon season, a new set of promises to yourself.
- Who has made these on the back of promises made with mates at a training camp?
- Who has made these to their long suffering other half, or children who have switched off from listening?
- Who has made these in Dry January?
- Who has made these to justify the Christmas present which you have promised everyone is going to make you a superstar?
So here is our list, we bet you have some more:
- I will stop referring to food as fuel.
- I will stop referring to water as hydration.
- I will stop wearing calf guards with cargo shorts and flip flops.
- I will wear jeans and a t-shirt with no race logo.
- I will not wear “sunnies” after dark on top of my head.
- I will learn to use the pool clock.
- I will learn what my watch can do, at least half of the functions.
- I will not wear tinted mirror goggles for a 5am open water swim and wonder why it's black.
- I will swim a whole set with no toys, not even a pull buoy.
- I will realise that someone tapping my toes in the pool isn't just being friendly.
- I will not look at the bottom bracket while wearing a TT hat.
- I will go for a run without a watch, of any sort.
- I will go for a ride without uploading any data, anywhere.
- I will accept that it is ridiculous to carry a plastic box on a bike top tube or handlebars.
- I will not vaguely consider a tattoo.
- I will look at a map, a paper one.
- I will have a glass of wine and a packet of crisps, normal wine, normal crisps.
If you have photographic proof of at least half a dozen of these, post then as part of your rehab to our Facebook or Twitter walls. Well done you!
See more training and advice articles here.